School E-Safety and Encryption
To meet the Information Rights Obligations as defined by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), each school’s head teacher, managers and governors have responsibility for information security. It is the responsibility of all staff at the school to understand how to handle data securely. Failing to apply appropriate controls to secure data could amount to gross misconduct or even legal action (leading to large financial penalty). Local Authority registration does not remove an individual school’s responsibility to register as the controller of data in its school.
We ensure that your data is protected.
- We analyse your existing protection mechanisms
- We provide comprehensive advice on data protection and appropriate software
- We set up your networks securely and determine access conditions
- We define with you confidentiality standards
Protect your sensitive data
Your privacy is very desirable for hackers and cybercriminals. That is why organisations are often the victims of data theft or spam attacks and the consequences could jeopardise your entire operation.
Professional protection for your data with Compubits
OFSTED Agenda: Data protection and encryption in schools
A school’s network and the data on it concerns information about pupils, staff and core admin functions and it is therefore one of the key assets needing data protection. OFSTED have stated that they expect to identify the up-to-date measures and policies a school has in place to secure data and networks.
We can work closely with you to help you satisfy these requirements with ‘outstanding’ practical measures. We can provide:
- Encryption – we identify the key mobile devices that require data encryption software, the level of encryption and the best tools
- Backup and Recovery – we implement efficient, reliable and regular backups to minimise any downtime and with fast recovery when needed
- Firewall – we install a robust firewall to secure your data and internal network by scanning all traffic in and out of your network for viruses, spyware, malware and hacking attempts
- Antivirus – we advise, install and monitor 24/7 a managed anti-virus to provide maximum protection
- Technical Advice – we support your security policy
In addition, our Online Backup service is certified for compliance with the Data Protection Act and is a highly reliable and cost effective solution that provides maximum protection
Secure drives via Encrypted PIN access
This fantastic device has a PIN access that is encrypted to a military grade so data is easily secured and available for use by any device with a USB port. It is designed to be used frequently and offers peace-of-mind security at an affordable price.
The flashdrive also houses a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN number before connecting the drive to a USB port. All data that is transferred is encrypted in real-time and protected from unauthorised access even if the flashdrive is lost or stolen.
In addition, it doesn’t require any software or drivers to be installed. Easy to use and guarantees complete protection.